Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Roll-up Crochet Hook Case

I made this for one of my sisters-in-law for Christmas a while back. She's a crochet maniac and is darn good at it too. But she had so many crochet hooks and other crocheting tools and no way to keep them organized. She told me that she just kept them all in a large ziploc bag. Classy, right? 


Then she saw the Roll-up Pencil Case that I'd made for myself. I was so excited to see what other possibilities a roll-up case could be used for. So she sent me all of the sizes of crochet hooks and supplies she needed it to store. And here's what I came up with.




I got the applique inspiration from the print on one of the ribbons I used on it. I put two buttons on the ribbon closure so that she could pick whichever one would keep it wrapped best--more tightly or more loosely. 


She's really talented too, by the way. I was so excited to see what she would make for Graham when he was born. This owl hat is possibly my favorite thing she made for him.

Yes, this is my adorable son at 2 weeks old.

She had an Etsy store for a while, but business slowed down for her a bit so she stopped, plus she has three kids and a fourth on the way. However, she does still take requests. If you're interested in having her crochet something, let me know and I'll get you in touch with her.

And a special thanks to my friend Julienne for our lovely newborn photos! She and her husband are incredibly talented with a camera. Check out their blog and their Facebook page.





2 comments:

  1. That hat is to die for! OH MY GOODNESS! Not to mention the handsome babe wearing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute case. I need a pencil case for Christina who loves to draw and color. She is everything creative that I didn't get. I can't draw for the world but she is wonderful. You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete