Monday, October 1, 2012

My Favorite Pencil Skirt

A few years ago I took a sewing class while I was still attending college. I didn't really need it, considering my caliber of experience with sewing, but I had been self taught. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss any nugget of wisdom or technique in all of my self-teaching.

It was a really good class. I did learn a few things, and was able to feel more confident in my title as a "professional" seamstress because of it. Plus, it was fun.

Anyway, my favorite thing I made in that class is now my favorite pencil skirt. One thing that bothers me about pencil skirts is the slit in the back. They can get pretty high, and then sometimes they rip higher due to strain put on the seam from walking, and before you know it everyone can see what color underwear you have on and you never know it until you get home, or a kind person tells you...not that I have any experience with that or anything...



This is my favorite because not only did I make it myself and I matched up the plaid design perfectly on the back seam, but more importantly it has no slit in it! Plus, it's brown. I love brown, especially in autumn with all of the oranges, reds, and yellows that welcome the season. They're my favorite colors to wear.




I paired this skirt with orange here. Orange is my all-time favorite color. It was my main wedding color. And coincidentally, these cute wedge heels are the ones I wore with my wedding dress.



I'm so excited for the coming fall months. I'm looking forward to for Halloween, Thanksgiving, my 3-year wedding anniversary, and my husband's birthday. Fall is kind of a busy season for us, but that's what helps me love it even more! There's so much for us to celebrate and reflect on.






And in case you're wondering, because I had to teach this tidbit to my husband during this particular photo shoot, don't have the person you're photographing face into the setting sun.

Well, not unless you want to photograph an expression like this.

Hot. I know.


3 comments:

  1. That skirt is super cute! You did a great job matching the plaids all around. Unmatched plaids is a pet peeve of mine.

    ReplyDelete