Thursday, January 3, 2013

Goals, Plans, and a New Year

I'm so excited for this new year. I have so many things going on in my life right now, and I'm thrilled to see how everything pans out.

I've set some goals for myself, my family, my blog, and my Etsy shop. I'm hoping to establish a regular exercise routine, get into our own apartment by summer, make myself a daily/weekly schedule to be a more effective blogger and self-employed mom, and make and sell items on Etsy on a more regular basis. Those seem kind of vague right now, but my husband and I are writing down our thoughts and ideas for how we want to reach our goals, and we're going to work together to help one another succeed at each of them. I'm giving myself this month to get those goals and plans organized. So come February 1st, I'm hoping everyday life will smooth out some and my posting will be a little more regular.

Another really exciting opportunity I've been given is to be a contributor for an inspirational blog. The blog founder/owner is a good friend of mine, and I'm so flattered that he thought to invite me to be one of the 10 bloggers for the site. I'll be posting there twice a month, every other Friday starting on January 11th. He shared with me some of his plans and goals for the blog, and I cannot wait to see where it goes!

So what is that blog, you ask? It's called ForwardWalking.com.

The mission of it is to bring hope and inspiration to anyone going through difficult times, especially those struggling with low self esteem, addictions, deaths of loved ones, broken families, etc. I've read through several posts there already, and each one is so wonderful! At the end of every one I feel completely rejuvenated and ready to overcome my own challenges and trials. It's definitely inspiring, and a wonderful pick-me-up anytime you need it.

One of the main reasons I'm so glad to be a contributor there is to give myself and my hardships a purpose. I love to help others. If I can use my past trials to help someone currently going through something similar, I am more than happy to do so! I hate to see anyone struggling on their own when I could offer a helping hand. This is one way for me to do that.

Those are just a few of the exciting things happening for me as this new year begins.

What are your goals? What to you hope to accomplish this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment