Keeping all of that in mind, I made a cotton gauze blanket and used the same DIY embroidering technique as I did on Graham's monogrammed blanket, except this time I made an owl instead of an initial. (I love cotton gauze because it's so lightweight. It was a life saver on hot days last summer with a newborn!)
I'm really pleased with how it turned out!
I love the soft, fringed edges.
I did have to be a little more careful in removing the paper so that I didn't rip any of the stitching out, since there was quite a bit more sewing on this than just a single letter.
I'm excited to make some more of these and put them up for sale in my Etsy shop. I've been wanting to do that for a while now. *sigh* I'll get around to it sooner or later.