Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My New Favorite Old Earrings

You may have noticed the fabulous star earrings I was wearing in my post about ModestPop.com. Maybe you didn't. Either way, here's the story on them.

I usually don't go to estate sales and yard sales these days. Don't get me wrong--I love going to those. We just currently don't have much space or money to spend on fun or frivolous things at the moment.

But back when we were shopping for a second car, we looked at one that happened to be at an estate sale.

And, of course, I couldn't stay away.
And, of course, I bought a dozen couple of things.

My favorite find:
These fabulous star earrings.



The earrings, of course, are clip-ons (I swear, they were meant for me to own).



They are also silver plated, and even though I prefer sterling silver stuff, I love these no less. They were pretty tarnished and dirty when I got them.



Thank goodness for polishing cloths.





Oh, I'm so in love with these!



Okay, now I have to keep myself away from yard sales and estate sales for a while. If I don't know they're there, then I can't feel sad about missing them. Ignorance is bliss, right?

2 comments: